If you know me at all, you know that I am very very indecisive. I have a hard time choosing from a vast array of choices. For example when I walk into Taco Bell every week, I still take about 4 minutes looking at the menu board and for fast food restaurants that is a LONG time! That in mind, I have to make some of the biggest decisions of my life within the next three months. Where am I going to live after I graduate? What kind of accounting job am I looking for? Do I want to work in public accounting or in managerial accounting? Should I go on to graduate school? Should I go back to Utah and hope that everything will work out? Should I become CPA certified and take the four exams to do so and if so when? My mind has been bombarded by this constant nagging of myself. I have yet to reach any conclusions and I am still as confused as ever. For once can't I be the self-assured person that knows what they are doing and where they are headed in life? It sure would make life a heck of a lot easier!!!!
Today was the Career Fair on campus and the main thing that I learned from it was that I should have been ahead of the game and looking for a job when I was a sophomore or a junior because now that I am graduating in just under two months no one wants me. They like to meet future candidates and have them work as interns before they really want to hire them.... I'M SCREWED!!!!! When I was a sophomore I had no idea what the definition of an asset or liability was and yet they wanted me to search for a job. I would have been a babbling IDIOT in an interview. Needless to say, I am a little stressed out and I still feel like I am frantically running in circles like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to find help and hoping that it isn't too late for me!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Natalie,
I'm sorry to hear that you still don't know what to do. But don't worry, it will all work out in the end. And if it's not working out, then it's not the end. I know you'll do great things! Don't fret too much! Love you! :)
Post a Comment